Who is eligible?
Prescription copay reimbursement benefit program is available to all active and retired members and their dependents covered by the Fund, who participate in the Empire Healthy Advantage PPO and EPO Select 20 Plans, provided by the Dutchess Educational Health Insurance Consortium ("DEHIC".) Members are eligible once they enroll for trust fund benefits and they must work at least 17.5 hours per week. Retirees must also be enrolled in the Enhanced or Enhanced Plus Plans to be eligible for this reimbursement. Download a reimbursement form below.
What is the benefit?
Once annually, up to a maximum of $200 plus $5.00 for every prescription after the initial $200 is met, the Fund reimburses the member the co-payment costs which have been paid within the calendar year for drugs prescribed by a medical doctor, osteopath or dentist. Prescriptions must be dispensed by a licensed pharmacist. Prescription services which are covered included are those eligible under your primary prescription plan.
What is not covered?
There is only one claim per family per calendar year. Individual prescriptions must be accompanied by pharmacy printout or copy of receipt. Do not submit original receipts because the Fund is not responsible for loss if originals are submitted.
When to file a claim?
You may put in your claim as soon as you reach your maximum $200 plus $5.00 for every prescription after the initial $200. is met, or at any time at the end of the calendar year for your total that may be less than $200.
How to file a claim?
1. Print the PRESCRIPTION REIMBURSEMENT form under the FORMS TO DOWNLOAD tab on the WCT website.
2. In order to take advantage of this benefit, you must do one of the following options.
OPTION 1 – (RECOMMENDED)
- OPTION 1 will print a prescription summary for your entire family from any of the possible pharmacies that you may have used. It will include EXPRESS SCRIPTS, INGENIO (will show up as CAREMARK on your printout) or any other pharmacies you may have used.
- OPTION 1 (RECOMMENDED) is the quickest and most efficient way of obtaining this information.
OPTION 1 - LOGIN TO YOUR EMPIRE BLUE ACCOUNT
- Click “MY PLAN” – Click “CLAIMS” from the dropdown menu
- Click “REFINE RESULTS”
- DATE RANGE –
- CLICK CUSTOM (Enter 01/01/19 through 12/31/19)
- CLAIM TYPE – Pharmacy
- PATIENT – All (THIS WILL PRINT A SUMMARY THAT INCLUDES ALL COVERED MEMBERS OF YOUR FAMILY)
- Go back to the top right of the page – Click “DOWNLOAD RESULTS”
- Click the MICROSOFT EXCEL option
- Click “Enable Editing” when the Excel document opens in order to print
- Print the summary to either send via mail or fax.
OPTION 2 – CALL AND VISIT YOUR PHARMACIES
If you had prescriptions from Express Scripts, Ignenio (new), or other local pharmacies you will need to request a summary from each one before submitting for reimbursement.
EXPRESS SCRIPTS – 1-866-297-0984
INGENIO – 1-844-951-0622 (dedicated DEHIC member line) or 1-833-270-6383 (pharmacy services)
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PRESCRIPTION REIMBURSEMENT FORMS
*** YOU MAY SUBMIT YOUR FORMS VIA REGULAR MAIL OR FAX ***
Mail summaries AND forms to: WCT Welfare Trust Fund c/o Daniel Cook Associates
253 West 35th Street 12th Floor
New York NY 10001
Fax summaries AND forms to: 1-646-381-8866 (this is a dedicated fax line for WCT)
The same rules and regulations governing your primary prescription drug plan apply. The Fund does not cover prescription costs incurred by members beyond the amount payable by your primary prescription drug plan. If for some reason you had to pay full price for a prescription (perhaps your card was unavailable, or you were out-of-state), you MUST first submit the costs to your primary prescription plan prior to claiming. Do not submit your claim to the Fund unless all costs are backed by proof. Submissions at a later date will NOT be reconsidered for payment.